Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Check Engine Light P0446

Search this Thread

Old September 23rd, 2019, 8:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light P0446

My daughter has a 2001 Chevy Impala 3.8L

Check Engine Light came on and I hooked up code reader. First let me put this out there..... I am nowhere near a mechanic but I can perform basic repairs in my opinion.

After scanning with code reader it showed a P0446 code which I know deals with the emissions evap system. My first and cheapest course of action was to replace the fuel cap since she said the check engine light appeared after getting gas. That didnt do it so my next step was that I replaced the canister purge valve under the hood. I reset the code and after driving for a while the check engine light came back on.

Looking for any recommendations on what my next course of action should be. I plan on checking hoses next but dont want to keep replacing parts that are not bad.

Thanks in advance

Also not noticing any performance issues or odors with vehicle