Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

dashboard skin lifting off

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2007, 6:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dashboard skin lifting off

Ok....here's my latest issue with my 2007 LTZ: My dashboard "skin" which is what GM calls it these days it lifting off in the area directly above my center console and center A/C vents. Basically the dashbord came all the way down to the fake wood plastic of the center vents, in the flat area between the two humps. Now, there is a quater inch gap between the leading edge of the dash skin and my center vents...on a sunny day, I can see clear into the guts of my instrument panel! Took it to the dealer and they said its normal after some time sitting in the sun...and they compared it to a new impala sitting on the lot and said that one had it too....

Anyone else seeing this? If so, have you taken it to your dealers and gotten it taken care of?
Old September 8th, 2007, 10:57 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: dashboard skin lifting off

Have had my 07 LTZ for 8 months and no change on my dash.
Start lookingat other 07 Impalas. Try anotherdealer as well.
Jim
Old September 14th, 2007, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

This doesn't suprise me coming from a chevrolet dealership. I had an '05 Cobalt and I kept having trouble with getting the key out of the ignition so I took it into the dealership and they replaced the ignition then it happened again so I took it in and they called GM and asked them what to do and GM's response was "it does that because it's getting too hot because the weather in Ky is hot right now. When things cool down it won't happen anymore". I was like "Excuse me. So you're saying that only in the summer months do I need to worry that someone may steal my car due to my keys getting left in the ignition cuz I can't take them out?"
Old September 24th, 2007, 9:22 PM
Zip
CF Beginner

On my2007 LTZ, dash cover is not lifting off but there is aproblem with the suitabilty of the material that it is made of. In the sun my dash heats up and then starts popping and creaking as if it no longer fits in the space. Sounds like yours is adjusting and coming out its fitting.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 5:19 PM
CF Junior Member

yeah i have a 2004 impala and had to remove the dash to change my stereo to an Pioneer and the dash is peeling off. I see where the glue used to be. It stinks, but at least we all drive impalas

installed a 12 inch infinity sub in my impala
the impala is very insolated , so i would recommend a sub in the trunk for some extra bass
agree?