Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Intake and exhaust upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2011, 5:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake and exhaust upgrades?

I wanted to get a k&n cool air intake and a new exhaust. Its only a v6 but i wanted it to sound a little more beefy and have a little more *****. I didnt want people to get the impression im trying to make it sound like a v8, just wanted it to be a bit more beefy. Does a k&n cool intake system and magnaflow exhaust sound good? Any suggestions or recommendations would be helpful.

Forgot to mention that i have an 08 impala.

Last edited by Maliciousmagg0t; April 21st, 2011 at 6:00 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 8:00 PM
CF Beginner

i am soooo far from being a mechanic/gear-head, but this is my understanding when it comes to the K&N CAI...

if you are just going for a beefier sound, then the K&N will probably give you what you're looking for.

HOWEVER, if you are looking for increased performance, i'm not sure that the K&N CAI will give you what you want. again, i'm not a mechanic, but i believe that the K&N CAI does a poor job of sucking in "cold" air. since it is not an enclosed design, there is a (good) chance of you just intaking a bunch of warm/hot air, which would be counterproductive to performance gains.

i will quickly defer to anyone else who may have some real experience in this area. i'm also considering a CAI, but i think i'm leaning toward one of the enclosed designs (Cold Air Inductions for example)
Old April 24th, 2011, 3:30 AM
CF Beginner

Sounds pretty logical actually. I know my air intake for my honda went down close to the wheel well, i thought maybe the k&n air filter would do the same. But if it doesnt increase performance i dont want to do it. Im not a fan of adding something just for appearence. Like the people who add cowl inductions that do absolutely nothing! Anyways, thanks for the input. Ill keep that in mind.
Old June 18th, 2011, 12:45 AM
CF Beginner

K&N Cold air & Magnaflow resonator, resonator will give it a deeper growl and the Cold air will help it breathe. (but you need to get the Cold Air Intake kit, not just the filter :P, it'll run you a couple bucks but should increase horse by 5-10hp)