Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Looking for TSB for 2007 Impala

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2012, 6:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for TSB for 2007 Impala

Hi everyone. Just purchased a 2007 Chevrolet Impala and am already having issues with the remotes. I visited a dealership service department today to get the remotes programmed and the remotes worked for a few minutes and then about 30 minutes later (after I had driven away and parked the car, turning off the ignition), I came back out to my car and the remotes (neither one) worked. I returned to the dealer and they checked both remotes and then indicated that my car now needs a remote door lock receiver, to the tune of about $200.00. I did some research online and have found out that there is a TSB for this issue, but am having a hard time finding this bulletin that I can print out and take back to the dealer (I actually would have thought they would have done this when I returned with the car and the remotes the second time today). Does anyone know where I can go (free of charge) to obtain this information? I would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thank you!
Old January 7th, 2012, 7:22 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I think you're looking for TSB #07-08-52-001B. Just do a web search for "#07-08-52-001B" to find a PDF copy of the bulletin. To be clear, TSBs don't mean free service and thus you'll be charged for the work unless you have an extended warranty.
Old January 7th, 2012, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by EinST
Welcome to the forum. I think you're looking for TSB #07-08-52-001B. Just do a web search for "#07-08-52-001B" to find a PDF copy of the bulletin. To be clear, TSBs don't mean free service and thus you'll be charged for the work unless you have an extended warranty.
Thanks so much for your prompt response. I do understand that I will be charged for this, but am curious if the dealer might be willing to work with me on the price, considering this is a known issue.
Old January 7th, 2012, 7:35 PM
CF Veteran

It's doubtful unless you have a history with this dealership on another vehicle. You can reasonably expect some sort of goodwill only if you were the original owner, just outside the bumper-to-bumper coverage. I rather think the "$200.00" quote is pretty low ball for a new RCDLR plus labor, besides.
Old January 14th, 2012, 9:05 PM
CF Beginner

yeah everyone wants to be paid for giving you the TSB
Old January 14th, 2012, 9:07 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by bowlcoach1
Thanks so much for your prompt response. I do understand that I will be charged for this, but am curious if the dealer might be willing to work with me on the price, considering this is a known issue.
Yeah you would think that it would be fixed at cost, right? Known issue and all, I guess the only way to complain is to boycott.
Old January 15th, 2012, 9:14 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by MikeImpala
yeah everyone wants to be paid for giving you the TSB
? What brought that about? I don't know how you make your living but I doubt you work for free. What makes you think "everyone" shouldn't have expectations to get paid? Besides, a TSB is for service personnel so they don't waste time on unnecessary diagnostics (translate: more chargeable hours). It helps lower the cost of a given repair in the end.
Old January 16th, 2012, 8:27 AM
CF Beginner

? What brought that about? I don't know how you make your living but I doubt you work for free. What makes you think "everyone" shouldn't have expectations to get paid? Besides, a TSB is for service personnel so they don't waste time on unnecessary diagnostics (translate: more chargeable hours). It helps lower the cost of a given repair in the end.
Thank you for your response. I want to clarify that I do understand that everyone should get paid for their work. I have been in the computer repair business for several years. I will tell you that if there is a known defect with a part and it does fail, I do replace the defective part free of labor charges (in other words, I get nothing for my time). That's what is known as standing behind my work.You would be surprised just how big of a following I have because I "treat my customers right". I don't think or believe that I am trying to get anything for free. I basically am just trying to ask a simple question to see what others on this forum have experienced with the Impala and this issue.

And just as an update for you and anyone else that may be reading this, I have spoken with a dealer and they have agreed to replace the defective module at a very discounted price (in other words, they are doing what I would expect them to do- they are standing behind their product).
Old January 16th, 2012, 12:20 PM
CF Veteran

Oh, no, don't take me wrong. My comments were directed at the blanket statement made by MikeImpala. I can't tell from your posts how you acquired your vehicle but I'd expect the original selling dealer to take care of a problem like this at cost. If this is a totoally unrelated dealership, you've found a gem.
Old January 17th, 2012, 7:28 AM
CF Beginner

Oh, no, don't take me wrong. My comments were directed at the blanket statement made by MikeImpala. I can't tell from your posts how you acquired your vehicle but I'd expect the original selling dealer to take care of a problem like this at cost. If this is a totoally unrelated dealership, you've found a gem.
Thanks for the clarification. Actually I purchased this vehicle from a used vehicle dealer who indicated to me that the remotes were not covered under their limited warranty. That's what prompted me to post the question on this forum.

Take care.

Quick Reply: Looking for TSB for 2007 Impala