Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

No Cruise control

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2018, 12:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question No Cruise control

My 2000 Impala's cruise control has stopped working. Completly non-responsive. When I hit the cruise switch on the blinker handle, then push the cruise set button on the steering wheel, the cruise control system does not come on. The cruise light on the dashboard does not come on either. Does anyone know what could be up?
Old January 23rd, 2018, 11:51 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I suppose it could just be the switch. You'd have to replace the whole multifunction switch to fix it though. I got a new one for my 2003 off ebay for $50; that was to fix my brights. Not a difficult install. Then there's the cruise control switch behind the brake pedal but I think your cruise light would still come on if it were bad. But I don't recommend just replacing parts. Best is get a multimeter and wiring diagram and see where you have and don't have power and ground.
Old January 25th, 2018, 1:31 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If I remember correctly, the cruise control on my 2001 Impala stopped working when I got an anti lock brake light on the dash. When I replaced the front right wheel bearing, the light went out and the cruise started working again.