Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2012, 5:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help!!

I recently bought a 2006 Impala, and my title just came from the DMV and says the vehicle mileage was 74,000. But i bought the car with 22,000 miles. Can someone PLEASE do a carfax on my car. I dont need to make an account i just want to check this one car. Please help me. The VIN is 2G1WT58K269100547. Thank you.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 7:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I think it's safe to assume there's no way a 2006 Impala would have that little miles but check your paperwork. The seller should have wrote down the odometer reading either on his title he signed over (if private seller) or on a separate disclosure statement. In any case, you need to get your own paid CARFAX report if you're to take legal action.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 7:31 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Musa Redzepi
I recently bought a 2006 Impala, and my title just came from the DMV and says the vehicle mileage was 74,000. But i bought the car with 22,000 miles. Can someone PLEASE do a carfax on my car. I dont need to make an account i just want to check this one car. Please help me. The VIN is 2G1WT58K269100547. Thank you.
Some dealerships will run the Carfax for you, however if you go to the service department, they can run the VIN through Cheverolet and get reasonably good service information if it's been serviced at another dealership.

But, like he said, I'd try the Carfax first. If there are discrepancies, I'd definitely take what you find and the title and report it to DMV. It might need a criminal investigation. But, be aware the Carfax is not always a 100% guarantee the information is correct.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 9:33 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why would someone run a carfax on it for you. They had to pay for their subscription why would you not pay for yours. It is your car. You can pat for a 1 time look up, t is not much. Call the DMV maybe there was a typo or his handwriting was not very good.
Old January 25th, 2012, 1:14 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Musa Redzepi,

I have ran your VIN number for you, unfortunately, the last transaction listed is with an odometer reading of 9,049 miles, however that was on 5/31/2007. If there was additional work done after that date, then it was not done at a GM Certified dealer, because the information is not available.

I suggest you contact whomever you bought the vehicle from.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 25th, 2012, 7:22 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Please Help!!

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Musa Redzepi,

I have ran your VIN number for you, unfortunately, the last transaction listed is with an odometer reading of 9,049 miles, however that was on 5/31/2007. If there was additional work done after that date, then it was not done at a GM Certified dealer, because the information is not available.

I suggest you contact whomever you bought the vehicle from.

Louis
GM Customer Service
You're the man, Louis! Great cutomer service! I have a friend and an acquaintance at Chevrolet. One works in the corporate office and the other is a design engineer supervisor. I must say that Chevy has those who make the difference available to the regular consumer - unlike Ford!