Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

power programmer 2006 ss

Search this Thread

Old August 21st, 2006, 8:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power programmer 2006 ss

have a new ss. anyone have any input on a power programmer? looks like diablo is the only one that has one for the car? the car doesnt really need more power but it would be nice to tune the trans. also-the car seems to be getting only 11 miles to the gallon. it only has 250 miles on it but idsure like 16 or 17. its hard to keep your foot out of it. ive had z28 and z06 and they were fast, but this thing is fast and smooth.
Old August 22nd, 2006, 2:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: power programmer 2006 ss

ORIGINAL: jacvily

have a new ss. anyone have any input on a power programmer? looks like diablo is the only one that has one for the car? the car doesnt really need more power but it would be nice to tune the trans. also-the car seems to be getting only 11 miles to the gallon. it only has 250 miles on it but idsure like 16 or 17. its hard to keep your foot out of it. ive had z28 and z06 and they were fast, but this thing is fast and smooth.
The part of your post that I highlighted red is the reason for your poor mileage. Ya wanna do better, you have to drive with the express purpose of achieving good mileage.

I test drove an Impala SS while my Aveo was having some warrany work done. It's an awesome car no doubt. When I put the DIC on the fuel economy screen, where it also shows whether you are in 4 or 8 cyl mode, I found it quite easy to get the car in 4 cyl mode and keep it there. In so doing, I was seeing some numbers well in excess of 40 mpg. I've had a Prius and Ford Escape Hybrid in the past, so I do have experience in driving for economy.