Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Will K & N air filter void warranty?

Search this Thread

Old April 13th, 2014, 1:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Will K & N air filter void warranty?

I suspect not, but i just want to make sure.

I am planning on doing oil changes and general maintenance ............i'm just a little paranoid about people messing with my cars, but unless i want to go back to school........i have no choice.......

In case the car does need to go in for warranty work, i want to make sure i'm doing things right...........

I have heard people say that the dealership, or lube shop, tossed the K&N in the trash can, because it looked dirty, ....
Old April 13th, 2014, 10:40 PM
CF Junior Member

I installed mine at 200 miles. No, it won't void the warranty. In fact, K&N gives you two stickers to put all over the air box to tell any uninformed mechanics or dealer service guys to call a 1-800 number for a lesson: this is a lifetime filter so don't toss it out, and it won't void the warranty due to an understanding between K&N and GM. Go for it.
Old April 14th, 2014, 6:38 AM
CF Beginner

Ok thanks, I've been using them for years, ........i'm old enough to remember the oil filter in my 47 chevy pickup.......same principal......that's what got me interested in the oil filters of today.......