Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   K5 Blazer (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/k5-blazer-22/)
-   -   Blazer Clarifications- READ BEFORE POSTING (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/k5-blazer-22/blazer-clarifications-read-before-posting-11360/)

EvansBlue November 27th, 2007 9:07 PM

Blazer Clarifications- READ BEFORE POSTING

To all users of the K5 Blazer section,

To clarify the vagueness of where to post Blazer questions, K5 and Fullsize Blazer/Jimmy(a.k.a. 2-door Tahoe), should be posted in the K5 Blazer section. S10 Blazers, 95-05 midsize Blazers, S- &T- seriesJimmys, 95-04 midsize Jimmys, 95-04 Bravadas, and all Executive (South American) Blazers should be posted in the S10 section

Thank you!

abob August 22nd, 2012 10:50 AM

hi i am new to this and new to chevys. i have a 86 k5 blazer with a tired 305.i see that alot of the vacumn lines and the air pump are either broken or not hooked up. can i remove all of this stuff and what if anything do i have to fix or replace?

bradleymichael January 29th, 2013 11:15 PM

Hi my name is Mike. Just signed up and I am looking for some help. I have a 1975 K5 Blazer just bought it. The Fuel gauge is innacurate, the Amp doesn't respond and the temparature doesn't work. I was going to replace the dash gauges and wanted to get the optional tach mine never came with. Is this possible? I am looking to find out if the wire connection for the dash gauges came factory with the supplied connection for a tach and it just wasn't an option mine came with?

Dewey1384 February 23rd, 2016 8:40 PM

Tach etc

Originally Posted by bradleymichael (Post 239512)
Hi my name is Mike. Just signed up and I am looking for some help. I have a 1975 K5 Blazer just bought it. The Fuel gauge is innacurate, the Amp doesn't respond and the temparature doesn't work. I was going to replace the dash gauges and wanted to get the optional tach mine never came with. Is this possible? I am looking to find out if the wire connection for the dash gauges came factory with the supplied connection for a tach and it just wasn't an option mine came with?

I once owed a 78 k5 with a 400 small block and have been around many, many in my life of that era and later. I have never seen a tach in any Chevy dash that's OEM. It would not be difficult to DO however, there's a vacant wire tab on the HEI distributor marked "tach". I am unsure if you have an HEI, if you don't usually the negative side of the ignition coil primary is a good place to start. BTW AMP gauges don't usually move a lot and they're not wire to pick up cranking load. An AMP meter is usually nothing more than a volt meter across an almost short. If you don't understand, I can't explain it on here (no offense meant). Best of luck to you!

janalee bixby February 4th, 2018 6:26 AM

Hi im juanita

i have a 1994 chevey silverado truck with a three fifty enging and im haveing trouble getting a spark frm the spark plugs and i cant figure it out can i get some body to mabey help me out with what i can do to get the spark plugs to be able to get a spark

Stewart September 3rd, 2019 2:04 AM

Hi I’ve recently bought a Chevy truck but having trouble finding out the exact year make. Could anyone give me some answers
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/chevrol...90c4e9263.jpeg
Could someone let me know what year model this might be?

Crazy D. May 15th, 2020 12:19 PM

I have a 70 chevelle and I need a back seat is there a difference between a 70 back seat and a back seat for a 71 or 72 seat Thanks.

delcoboy October 24th, 2020 12:48 PM

I there
I am new on this forum
I want to identify a differential case ,it is a 12 BOLT POSI ,ARMASTEEL 30060.ED-2,224. and it is to put in a 1957 belair and want to know if it fit in

Mous January 10th, 2021 7:47 PM

Hi Abob
Most of the vacuum lines are critical to the engine. only remove them one at a time as you replace them & take a picture of the engine first to show where they hook up. maybe draw a map to be safe. If you have any left over, plug them till you find out where they go so they won't spoil the vacuum. get a manual or find someone with a similar engine and take notes.

Mous :)

Mous January 10th, 2021 7:53 PM

Google the VIN or google chevy trucks 1940- 1950 and check out the pulldown images.