K5 Blazer 1969-1994
While this model ended its run, it is not uncommon to see them on the road or off, years after production end.
Platform: Truck, GMT 400

Blazer Clarifications- READ BEFORE POSTING

Search this Thread

Old November 27th, 2007, 9:07 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Blazer Clarifications- READ BEFORE POSTING

To all users of the K5 Blazer section,

To clarify the vagueness of where to post Blazer questions, K5 and Fullsize Blazer/Jimmy(a.k.a. 2-door Tahoe), should be posted in the K5 Blazer section. S10 Blazers, 95-05 midsize Blazers, S- &T- seriesJimmys, 95-04 midsize Jimmys, 95-04 Bravadas, and all Executive (South American) Blazers should be posted in the S10 section

Thank you!
Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi i am new to this and new to chevys. i have a 86 k5 blazer with a tired 305.i see that alot of the vacumn lines and the air pump are either broken or not hooked up. can i remove all of this stuff and what if anything do i have to fix or replace?
Old January 29th, 2013, 11:15 PM
CF Beginner

Hi my name is Mike. Just signed up and I am looking for some help. I have a 1975 K5 Blazer just bought it. The Fuel gauge is innacurate, the Amp doesn't respond and the temparature doesn't work. I was going to replace the dash gauges and wanted to get the optional tach mine never came with. Is this possible? I am looking to find out if the wire connection for the dash gauges came factory with the supplied connection for a tach and it just wasn't an option mine came with?
Old February 23rd, 2016, 8:40 PM
CF Beginner

Default Tach etc

Originally Posted by bradleymichael
Hi my name is Mike. Just signed up and I am looking for some help. I have a 1975 K5 Blazer just bought it. The Fuel gauge is innacurate, the Amp doesn't respond and the temparature doesn't work. I was going to replace the dash gauges and wanted to get the optional tach mine never came with. Is this possible? I am looking to find out if the wire connection for the dash gauges came factory with the supplied connection for a tach and it just wasn't an option mine came with?
I once owed a 78 k5 with a 400 small block and have been around many, many in my life of that era and later. I have never seen a tach in any Chevy dash that's OEM. It would not be difficult to DO however, there's a vacant wire tab on the HEI distributor marked "tach". I am unsure if you have an HEI, if you don't usually the negative side of the ignition coil primary is a good place to start. BTW AMP gauges don't usually move a lot and they're not wire to pick up cranking load. An AMP meter is usually nothing more than a volt meter across an almost short. If you don't understand, I can't explain it on here (no offense meant). Best of luck to you!
Old February 4th, 2018, 6:26 AM
CF Beginner

Default Hi im juanita

i have a 1994 chevey silverado truck with a three fifty enging and im haveing trouble getting a spark frm the spark plugs and i cant figure it out can i get some body to mabey help me out with what i can do to get the spark plugs to be able to get a spark
Old September 3rd, 2019, 2:04 AM
CF Beginner

Hi I’ve recently bought a Chevy truck but having trouble finding out the exact year make. Could anyone give me some answers

Could someone let me know what year model this might be?
Old May 15th, 2020, 12:19 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 70 chevelle and I need a back seat is there a difference between a 70 back seat and a back seat for a 71 or 72 seat Thanks.
Old October 24th, 2020, 12:48 PM
CF Beginner

I there
I am new on this forum
I want to identify a differential case ,it is a 12 BOLT POSI ,ARMASTEEL 30060.ED-2,224. and it is to put in a 1957 belair and want to know if it fit in
Old January 10th, 2021, 7:47 PM
CF Beginner

Hi Abob
Most of the vacuum lines are critical to the engine. only remove them one at a time as you replace them & take a picture of the engine first to show where they hook up. maybe draw a map to be safe. If you have any left over, plug them till you find out where they go so they won't spoil the vacuum. get a manual or find someone with a similar engine and take notes.

Mous
Old January 10th, 2021, 7:53 PM
CF Beginner

Google the VIN or google chevy trucks 1940- 1950 and check out the pulldown images.

Quick Reply: Blazer Clarifications- READ BEFORE POSTING