Blazer Clarifications- READ BEFORE POSTING - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Blazer Clarifications- READ BEFORE POSTING

CF Monarch

Princeton, NC, USA

November 27th, 2007, 9:07 PM   #1  
Blazer Clarifications- READ BEFORE POSTING

To all users of the K5 Blazer section,

To clarify the vagueness of where to post Blazer questions, K5 and Fullsize Blazer/Jimmy(a.k.a. 2-door Tahoe), should be posted in the K5 Blazer section. S10 Blazers, 95-05 midsize Blazers, S- &T- seriesJimmys, 95-04 midsize Jimmys, 95-04 Bravadas, and all Executive (South American) Blazers should be posted in the S10 section

Thank you!

CF Beginner

vancouver island bc

August 22nd, 2012, 10:50 AM   #2  
hi i am new to this and new to chevys. i have a 86 k5 blazer with a tired 305.i see that alot of the vacumn lines and the air pump are either broken or not hooked up. can i remove all of this stuff and what if anything do i have to fix or replace?

CF Beginner

January 29th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #3  
Hi my name is Mike. Just signed up and I am looking for some help. I have a 1975 K5 Blazer just bought it. The Fuel gauge is innacurate, the Amp doesn't respond and the temparature doesn't work. I was going to replace the dash gauges and wanted to get the optional tach mine never came with. Is this possible? I am looking to find out if the wire connection for the dash gauges came factory with the supplied connection for a tach and it just wasn't an option mine came with?

CF Beginner

February 23rd, 2016, 8:40 PM   #4  
Tach etc

Posted By: bradleymichael Hi my name is Mike. Just signed up and I am looking for some help. I have a 1975 K5 Blazer just bought it. The Fuel gauge is innacurate, the Amp doesn't respond and the temparature doesn't work. I was going to replace the dash gauges and wanted to get the optional tach mine never came with. Is this possible? I am looking to find out if the wire connection for the dash gauges came factory with the supplied connection for a tach and it just wasn't an option mine came with?
I once owed a 78 k5 with a 400 small block and have been around many, many in my life of that era and later. I have never seen a tach in any Chevy dash that's OEM. It would not be difficult to DO however, there's a vacant wire tab on the HEI distributor marked "tach". I am unsure if you have an HEI, if you don't usually the negative side of the ignition coil primary is a good place to start. BTW AMP gauges don't usually move a lot and they're not wire to pick up cranking load. An AMP meter is usually nothing more than a volt meter across an almost short. If you don't understand, I can't explain it on here (no offense meant). Best of luck to you!

Search this Thread
Sponsors
Sponsors