K5 Blazer 1969-1994
While this model ended its run, it is not uncommon to see them on the road or off, years after production end.
Platform: Truck, GMT 400

PLEASEEEE GIMMIEE A HANDDD!!!!

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2008, 7:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASEEEE GIMMIEE A HANDDD!!!!

hey i just bought an 1985 full size chevy k5 blazer. the truck is the shizzz! but i took it out feild surfing ( tilling or tearing up the yard a bit) and well ever since then it has been acting strange. gets itself through first and second when moderately accelerating but then it seems to try to shift to third and goes to no where.. i later noticed that if i hound the throttle a little bit harder that after it pretty much shifts to nothing i will go to over drive or back to second, and then when i feel it getting high on the rpms i lef off but not completely and then it wants to shift to what i'm guessing is fourth because i'll be then doing about 55-65 mph. i had a leak in the trans but i fixed that the other night. just some dry rotting lines. so now it's all sealed up and i refilled what i lost in the tube swap. thanks for whatever you guys can do to help.
Old October 7th, 2008, 9:50 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: PLEASEEEE GIMMIEE A HANDDD!!!!

Might want to replace the modulator valve and see if that helps. If not, you are probably looking for a rebuild or replace on the whole shebang.[/align]
Old October 9th, 2008, 8:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PLEASEEEE GIMMIEE A HANDDD!!!!

Depending on the miles, if its a 700R4 or hydramatic its proabably gone. I'd check the vacum lines, change the trans filter & fluid first to see if that makes adiiference.Most of the drivetrains in the 79-91 K5's werevery weak off the sehlf parts GM used, thetrans & axles being the worst.

[IMG]local://upfiles/18126/A9E37CA2ACDC4B86B778D69454F81542.jpg[/IMG]