Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

03 Sluggish Malibu & ABS light

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2011, 12:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 03 Sluggish Malibu & ABS light

This car has about 70,000mi on it. When I first got it with 67k there were no problems now it appears to be very very sluggish. The ABS warning light comes on sometimes when I first start the car and put it in drive? then it comes on and then I will reset the car and the light will not turn on. Does anyone have any suggestions to why the car is sluggish and about the ABS light and if there is a correlation between the two??
Old April 19th, 2011, 5:28 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure what to make of the non-specific "sluggish" problem but I'd be very surprised if the ABS warning indicator had anything to do with it. You probably ought to take it in and get it checked out at a shop. If you'd like an opinion on anything they say, like trouble codes and such, feel free to post back.
Old April 20th, 2011, 3:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar problem with my 08 and I took it in under warranty still and it was something with the exhaust system. I forgo what the technician said. Hope this helps.
Old April 20th, 2011, 5:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Awddre
I had a similar problem with my 08 and I took it in under warranty still and it was something with the exhaust system. I forgo what the technician said. Hope this helps.
Welcome to the forum to you, too. About the only thing in the exhaust system that can cause bogging down is some sort of restriction, often due to melted/fused catalysts. Before that happens, there's usually trouble code(s) P0420/P0430 combined with fuel trim anomaly. The OP's description is not specific enough to say one way or another.