Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2001 Malibu Aftermarket Radio Issues

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2019, 8:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Malibu Aftermarket Radio Issues

My little brother and his buddy tried to install a BOSS radio. (Calls for standard Hot Wire,GND, ACC and ANT+ along with normal +/- for speakers). In their greatest wisdom they cut the OEM harness and left wires everywhere. I’m assuming one contacted the live wire as the fuse blew. I’ve replace the RDO fuse in passenger side but none of the wires seem to give me a reading (looking for which is hot wire) are their any other fuses that these wires rely on. Also, I have found a few wiring diagrams for the radio wires but they seem to be discolored as their not matching up. Primarily trying to figure out which one will go to ACC on new radio. Also diagrams say they are two GNDs (Black and Black/White) can I hook these two with the GND to Radio? If not do I need to just use one and cap the other? Sorry for the long winded post just trying to help my not so smart brother. Thanks!