Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2005 Malibu Maxx Theft deterrent Passlock III Security System is Bull****!! PLZ HELP!

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2019, 1:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2005 Malibu Maxx Theft deterrent Passlock III Security System is Bull****!! PLZ HELP!

so long story short,
i lost my only key for my car in may 2019...
i'm a single mother, with little to no money to take my car to dealership.
but i have to get my car going again!!!
at this point, i am very frustrated and i'm getting discouraged that my car will ever work again... I have spent hours upon hours researching and i can't figure out the correct way to bypass this security system.
would anybody please help me out with this??? So far, have replaced (at upull&pay):
  • the ignition 1x
  • ignition switch 2x
  • ecm 1x
i have attempted using a cheap toggle switch to bypass security. I did not work. All it did was turn power on and off (as the key would) so i took it off.
thanks so much in advance!!
Old September 9th, 2019, 2:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 508 Likes on 468 Posts

I am a former gm tech and I wouldn't even attempt what you are doing. it easier and cheaper to get a key cut and programmed. try a lock smith as they may be cheaper the dealer. you probably can program it yourself...an American built model only needs one key to program...its as easy as turning the key on most models.
Old September 9th, 2019, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 508 Likes on 468 Posts

let me correct that...to program a key yourself...you need 1 valid key...so a shop or locksmith with have to do the programming.