Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Malibu (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/malibu-15/)
-   -   2007 LTZ - No heat when stopped (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/malibu-15/2007-ltz-no-heat-when-stopped-53197/)

schmaltzy September 19th, 2012 9:01 PM

2007 LTZ - No heat when stopped

Wife turned the heat up today cause it's starting to get a little cold out. She said there wasn't any heat coming out so I hopped in and tested it out. Drove around for about 10 minutes there was zero heat. The car was at normal temp and outside temp was 60 degrees. Then, while driving down the road, it started blowing out heat but when I would come to a stop at a stoplight it would start blowing cold air again.

Suggestions?

Heating element (core?) might be bad?

Chevrolet Customer Service September 25th, 2012 7:59 AM

Originally Posted by schmaltzy (Post 227161)
Wife turned the heat up today cause it's starting to get a little cold out. She said there wasn't any heat coming out so I hopped in and tested it out. Drove around for about 10 minutes there was zero heat. The car was at normal temp and outside temp was 60 degrees. Then, while driving down the road, it started blowing out heat but when I would come to a stop at a stoplight it would start blowing cold air again.

Suggestions?

Heating element (core?) might be bad?

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> schmaltzy,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. If you would like, please PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN and I would be happy to check my resources for any known issues.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

schmaltzy September 25th, 2012 8:46 AM

Thanks but you're too late. It was a leaking water pump. Already had it fixed.