Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.
View Poll Results: What causes door locks to intermittently lock/unlock on 08 Malibu LTZ ?
Switch
0%
Electrical
100.00%
Unplug/re-plug switch
0%
Dealer fix
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

2008 Malibu door locks

Search this Thread

Old June 16th, 2014, 9:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck Uncle Dewey, I agree with your comments. I posted the problem a year ago about this common,ongoing problem. I was told to spend the money for a diagnostic ! I cannot believe GM doesn't already have the answers already since this is such a common problem.
MickB
Old October 15th, 2014, 7:23 PM
CF Beginner

Smile

I hope you found your answer. I agree the Malibu has got to be the worse car Chevy ever made. Mine has been at dealership for 2 weeks and they still haven;t figured out my problem
Old October 16th, 2014, 8:39 AM
CF Beginner

Since GM has fixed so many of this door lock problem I know they have the answer but won't reveal it. I'm sure they're withholding the info so the 100's of us with the problem have to get a $100 diagnostic to find a problem they already know.
When I went to my local GM dealership to get a recall fixed, I asked the service dept if they've heard of the problem, they said no. Now its causing my remote start to malfunction !
This lack of answers to this problem by GM has convinced me to switch to a non-GM car.
By the way the door actuators all go out at the same time ? I don't believe it !!

Last edited by MickB; October 16th, 2014 at 8:48 AM. Reason: from other bloggers
Old October 16th, 2014, 8:54 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
MickB,

I am sorry you are having this concern. Can you please private message me your name, VIN, mileage, address, and name of your GM dealership you are working with? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
Please read my blog from today 10/16/14 just to give you an idea of other Malibu owners I know think. Notice no one has responded to the survey, maybe GM will.
MickB
Old October 16th, 2014, 2:14 PM
CF Beginner

I'm getting my drivers' side toggle switch replaced again. I first did it February after owning my used car for over 4 years. It's a 2001 Chevrolet Malibu. I guess it just
works sporadically, I complained to my local carquest and their going to back me
up on it. I just have to pay the same person to put it in again.
Old June 3rd, 2015, 11:31 PM
CF Beginner

Cool I get the same thing.

I only have a problem with the passenger rear door when someone is getting into the car. When I press the lock button, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The child lock is not engaged. You can see the lock lever go up and down, it just doesn't fully engage. The person has to come over to the driver side rear door to get in. This has happened when the engine was on and when it was off. It's even happened using the remote.