Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Adjustable Pedals?

Search this Thread

Old December 10th, 2007, 2:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable Pedals?

Okay, I did a rudimentary search before I posted - I hope this isn't something that has been rehashed over and over already.

Basically, I'm looking to buy a new car in Jan. 08. I'm a pretty short woman, though, and I've heard that the adjustable pedals that come on some Malibus are really helpful for women like me. I've done a lot of homework on this, and learned that adjustable pedals are optional on the LS, and standard on the LT. Is there any way to find out if that is true of all model years? I want to go into the dealer knowing exactly what kind of cars I want to test drive, and exactly what they're worth (I've spent a lot of time on edmunds, too).

I'm looking at used,model years 04-06, most likely.

Also, are the adjustable pedals just a Malibu thing, or are they standard/optional on other Chevy cars as well?

Thanks for any help you guys can offer - I appreciate it!
Old December 10th, 2007, 6:29 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Adjustable Pedals?

The malibu isthe most common with adjustable pedals, actuall ya the only outside of trucks and ya standard on LT and optional on LS, although most LS we brought in had them,

depending on where you live go with the LT anyhow, it has the V6 and gas milage is virtually the same, also the LT has ABS and traction control, not a big deal in the south but up here it come in handy......

Just let the salesman know you wnat the adjustable pedals he should be able to point you towards one, look for the T'C' (traction control)button right in front of the shifter as well, this will tell you quickly if it has ABS or not....if the button is not there then it prolly dont, if the TC button is there then it has ABS.....