Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Cloth Seat Wear on NEW 2012 Malibu

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2012, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cloth Seat Wear on NEW 2012 Malibu

My daughter and I both bought 2012 Malibu LT's about 5 months ago. Both cars just barely have 10,000 miles on them. In both cars, the front driver seats (cloth) are wearing thin in spots. At first they looked like stains. On my car the threads are actually pulling out on the seat and back rest. At first I thought it was something I was doing (velco on my pants?) but when I saw my daughter was having the same problem I knew better.

I took it to the dealer and they thought it was strange too. Even the dealer said it wasn't me. They are going to change out the seat covers for me under warranty, so that's a good thing.

Has anyone else having this problem with the cloth seats?
Old October 9th, 2012, 9:42 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Mateer
My daughter and I both bought 2012 Malibu LT's about 5 months ago. Both cars just barely have 10,000 miles on them. In both cars, the front driver seats (cloth) are wearing thin in spots. At first they looked like stains. On my car the threads are actually pulling out on the seat and back rest. At first I thought it was something I was doing (velco on my pants?) but when I saw my daughter was having the same problem I knew better.

I took it to the dealer and they thought it was strange too. Even the dealer said it wasn't me. They are going to change out the seat covers for me under warranty, so that's a good thing.

Has anyone else having this problem with the cloth seats?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Paul Mateer,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Malibu vehicle. Please keep us posted of the results of your dealer visit.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old October 10th, 2012, 9:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default all fixed....

The dealer gladly replace the seat covers (seat/back) on my drivers seat. They though it was strange too, but knew of no other cases. I did notice the new seat covering is a slightly heavier material...so I think SOMEONE found a problem. All and all, I'm happy with the fix. I should of had them change both front seat covers (they probably won't because the passenger side shows no major wear....yet)