Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Computer Info Display

Search this Thread

Old December 15th, 2011, 9:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer Info Display

2012 Malibu LTZ 3.6 V-6 engine

On the dashboard beneath the speedometer is the computer digital information display readout.

Can the readout be manipulated to display values/messages other than the factory default?

Since I live in Kuwait, I would like to change degrees in C to show in F, and tire pressures to PSI. Also, once the car speed hits 120 kilometers per hour as a default, the display will show 'OVERSPEED' and locks out all other functions until under that 120 target. I dont care if it actually displays, but to lock out all other data should not happen. At times the overspeed display will also display and lock out prior to actually hitting the target of 120.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old December 18th, 2011, 6:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone?
Old December 18th, 2011, 7:12 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's no secret backdoor. The DIC personalization topic is discussed in section 5 of the owner manual. As for the top speed, the ECM includes a governor/limiter function based on, among other things, the engine RPM and speed rating of the factory tires. Before you ask, no, I don't think it can be reprogrammed.
Old December 20th, 2011, 2:09 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> GuidoGuacamole,

EinST is correct. The only personalization options are listed in the owner's manual, pages 5-29 through 5-33. A digital copy of the manual is available at: http://www.chevrolet.com/assets/pdf/...2k12malibu.pdf

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service