Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

iPod Nano USB playback

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2022, 9:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb iPod Nano USB playback

Hi,

I recently exchanged my 2019 Cruze lease for a 2022 Malibu. Everything worked out great, except for one infotainment connectivity issue. I have a 7th Generation iPod Nano on which USB playback worked fine via a USB cable with the infotainment system in the 2019 Cruze. However, it does not work in the 2022 Malibu anymore. When the device is connected via a USB cable to the car, the expected message “Attached to Accessory” appears on the iPod but only for a very brief moment, then the message disappears. When connected through USB, the iPod is never shown on the car’s Audio/More >/Sources list. I tried every solution I could think of, including resetting the iPod and using multiple different USB cables and slots, to no avail. Also, the iPod is still getting power charging when connected through USB.

I can actually connect the iPod to the infotainment system via Bluetooth, but it is very cumbersome since apparently I need to make the car and the iPod forget each other and then re-pair them via Bluetooth every single time to make playback work. Is there any way to make USB playback on the iPod work, just as it did in the 2019 Cruze?

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer.