Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

No “Malibu” letters on driver side

Search this Thread

Old March 20th, 2019, 7:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No “Malibu” letters on driver side

I was curious if anyone else has a 2018 Malibu that doesn’t have “Malibu” on the drivers side. It’s not a big deal, but I’m just curious as to why my car doesn’t but every similar car I’ve seen has “Malibu” on both sides.
Old March 21st, 2019, 3:50 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Gonzalez
I was curious if anyone else has a 2018 Malibu that doesn’t have “Malibu” on the drivers side. It’s not a big deal, but I’m just curious as to why my car doesn’t but every similar car I’ve seen has “Malibu” on both sides.
Too much weight and wind drag so Chevy got rid of it like they did with the spare tire!!
Old March 21st, 2019, 7:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
Too much weight and wind drag so Chevy got rid of it like they did with the spare tire!!
Lol, no sure if this true or not but I have my spare
Old March 22nd, 2019, 11:36 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Gonzalez

Lol, no sure if this true or not but I have my spare
Well at least someone got one. They shipped mine with a funky 12 volt air compressor and green goop device, instead of a spare donut tire. Good thing my old Camaro donut fit as
I had a side-wall blow out and that goop would not have done a thing. Had to happen at night of course but I always have a flashlight so no big deal. Half hour later I was heading home and got a new tire put on next day. Just kiding about the emblem. Dont know why its not there.
Old March 23rd, 2019, 1:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

it may have been missed. ask the dealer at the next service.

how does that tire goop work in -30*C temps. I'm running with a compressor and goop can until I can source a spare and jack tools.