Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

No air hot or cold coming through vents

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2022, 9:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No air hot or cold coming through vents

My 2009 Chevy Malibu 2.4L LS manual climate control HVAC system has been acting up. The blower motor seems to be intermittent. Air was coming through vents, then cut out on driving down the road. The air quickly started back through the vents. A couple days later I went to turn on the AC and no air was coming through vents period. It has been 4 days now and still no air flow. The three mini fuses and HVAC relay in the passenger side cab were inspected and tested. They were all good, I replaced them anyways. The AC fuse and relay under the hood was tested and was good. I took out the blower motor and used a power probe on it and is functional. The blower motor resistor was tested with a multi meter. The negative lead on the 1st pin and the positive on the 2nd 3rd and 4th pins. The readings in Ohms were 0.5 0.7 and 1.6. This seemed low as i have read the range is 2-3 Ohms for a working resistor. I replaced the resistor and powered up the vehicle. The blower motor turned on at a high speed and then died shortly after. It will not turn back on. My next thought is the climate control unit is faulty. I tested the fan speed portion of the climate control unit and did not get any voltage period with the car turned on. There was power and ground to the temperature switch connector. The defroster and recirculation buttons do not light us as they should. My thought is the unit itself is bad (circuit board in the unit) or the connector is not getting power. I don't know what the next step should be. Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated. Thank you,
Old July 18th, 2022, 3:06 PM
CF Beginner

This morning climate control unit had power to it for 10 minutes, fan was functional as well. Then it cut out again.
Old July 19th, 2022, 12:59 PM
CF Beginner

Checked all the fuses again, all had voltage. Climate control unit powered on today randomly, blower motor worked. I went through the 4 fan speeds and it turned off as soon as I went to the highest speed.
Old July 26th, 2022, 2:22 AM
CF Beginner

Air has been flowing through the vents the last couple days, randomly stopped working again. My gut is telling me the climate control unit.
Old February 10th, 2024, 11:59 AM
CF Beginner

Default Did you find the solution to this? Im having similar issues

Originally Posted by C_drake
My 2009 Chevy Malibu 2.4L LS manual climate control HVAC system has been acting up. The blower motor seems to be intermittent. Air was coming through vents, then cut out on driving down the road. The air quickly started back through the vents. A couple days later I went to turn on the AC and no air was coming through vents period. It has been 4 days now and still no air flow. The three mini fuses and HVAC relay in the passenger side cab were inspected and tested. They were all good, I replaced them anyways. The AC fuse and relay under the hood was tested and was good. I took out the blower motor and used a power probe on it and is functional. The blower motor resistor was tested with a multi meter. The negative lead on the 1st pin and the positive on the 2nd 3rd and 4th pins. The readings in Ohms were 0.5 0.7 and 1.6. This seemed low as i have read the range is 2-3 Ohms for a working resistor. I replaced the resistor and powered up the vehicle. The blower motor turned on at a high speed and then died shortly after. It will not turn back on. My next thought is the climate control unit is faulty. I tested the fan speed portion of the climate control unit and did not get any voltage period with the car turned on. There was power and ground to the temperature switch connector. The defroster and recirculation buttons do not light us as they should. My thought is the unit itself is bad (circuit board in the unit) or the connector is not getting power. I don't know what the next step should be. Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated. Thank you,
did you ever find a solution? I’m having similar issues