Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

reducd engine power warning light

Search this Thread

Old January 6th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reducd engine power warning light

2005 trailblazer ext.
Reduced engie power light came on one tme. Cold weather , below zero F. REstarted the vehicle , light went off. Could it be just the cold weather?
Old January 11th, 2018, 4:30 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Originally Posted by jsk7857@comcast.net
2005 trailblazer ext.
Reduced engie power light came on one tme. Cold weather , below zero F. REstarted the vehicle , light went off. Could it be just the cold weather?
​​​​​mines is doing the same thing
Old January 20th, 2018, 6:08 AM
CF Beginner

2011 Malibu and I am having the same problem. The Cam shaft censor has been replaced but the car went to "reduced engine power" took back to the mechanic and it read throttle body. He replaced that and the car did the same shut down again and the computer read cam shaft censor problem and throttle body, both in which re just replaced. He replaced both again and I didn't even make it home. Ever time it gets worked on (3x in one week) it drives for about 30 minutes before the engine light, traction control light comes on and the dash will read, 1) eng power reduced, 2) service eng, 3) service traction. I just bought this car used in October and the problems started almost 2 weeks ago. I am finding lots of people with this problem but no one who has found the problem/solution.