Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

04 Monte Fog Light Question.

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2008, 6:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Monte Fog Light Question.

My 04 Monte Carlo has plastic louvers where the Fog or Driving Lights are supposed to be. Chevy OEM's are a wallet-breaking near $400.00 for the parts. I can't afford Stock Lights for those holes.

What else goes in there from the aftermarket that won't break my wallet and won't need too much of a removal of the bumper plastic other than clipping-out the louvered space-saver and give me some decent light ... real driving light ... not just bling ... that will fit without being Walt Disney-ed in there ... and look decent whenn they are on and off.

I'm sure somebody has been down this road.
What did you buy ... how do they fit ... do they light-up the dark road ahead and what did you have to spend to do the job right?

Old February 14th, 2008, 10:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 04 Monte Fog Light Question.

Have you tried ebay? That is where I got mine for my old 01. Just look for people parting one out. You can't wire it into the factory wires or switch, unless you buy a new BCM and have it programmed by dealership. I just put a hidden switch under dash to a relay that was by teh battery.

I have also heard good things about Blazertech 2200, but they look yellowish, which is correct for seeing in fog.
http://www.pfyc.com/pc/PN1001/GNLIGH...Fog+Lamps.html