Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

95 monte has power wont turn over

Search this Thread

Old July 21st, 2013, 8:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 monte has power wont turn over

i am pretty new to this forum but so far its great people really seem to know there stuff. so here is my problem i have a 95 monte 3.1L, it wont turn over it started a few months ago it would sometimes not turn over then it got more and more common. now it wont turn over at all. i have installed a new ignition and have a new vat key for it. that didnt work. so yesterday i put a new PNP switch (neutral safety switch ) in it and it still wont turn over. if anybody could assist me with this problem i would greatly appreciate it.
Old July 21st, 2013, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

when you turn the key to start; do you hear the single click of the starter solenoid?
Old September 23rd, 2013, 2:11 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do the lites and accessories seem to be getting full power / voltage ?

If so , odds are you will have to pull the starter .

If not full power , lots of things to check , but if the battery is around 4 years or older , it would be a prime suspect ( along with corroded cables / clamps / terminals ) .

Back to the starter . If it were mine , I would jumper the terminals & see if it started then . But I am not able to describe that adequately over the internet .

If you remove the starter , most of our local parts store will check it for you . Bear in mind , if the starter has problems , they may be mechanical , electrical or both .

God bless
Wyr