Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

97 Monte Carlo LS

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2007, 11:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Monte Carlo LS

I just bought a 97 Monte Carlo LS with the 3.4 L V6, I think. My question is, are there performance parts available for this car?
I was looking on Ebay and found some stuff, but not quite what I'm looking for. I'm thinking of trying to do some heavy modding to it. I'm talking performnace headers, Magn-Flow exhaust system, supercharger, Cold Air Intake, Trans Shift Kits, light weight flywheel, other odds and ends. If there is a place I can be directed to, please let me know. Thanks.

David
Inxlinx
Old April 28th, 2007, 5:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 97 Monte Carlo LS

Not likely you're going to get any help here. I was looking for help with the same issue,didn't get a singleresponse. However, all the help you could ever want is waiting for you at montecarloforum.com. See you there.
Old July 17th, 2007, 10:14 PM
CF Beginner

LS is normally a 3.1L V6. There is not muchperformance stuffavailable for that. Z34 is a 3.4L V6 which is sportier. On a personal note, I've got a few items you may be interested in:solid aluminum bar grill (HOT piece)and alloy wheels for your LS. You'll also need a maintenance manual if you start doing modifications yourself. I've got that too. Let me know if I can help.
Old July 18th, 2007, 8:50 PM
CF Active Member

first start small. get a nice cold air intake and headers from ebay or summitracing. 3.1's are not known for great power...if anything watch your head gaskets cuzz thats the first thing to leak on those engines..
also it looks to me like your just shopping for bolt-ons, which is not a smart choice. the internals always come first.
Old September 5th, 2007, 6:55 PM
CF Beginner

diddo
Old September 7th, 2007, 12:01 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Inxlinx

I just bought a 97 Monte Carlo LS with the 3.4 L V6, I think. My question is, are there performance parts available for this car?
I was looking on Ebay and found some stuff, but not quite what I'm looking for. I'm thinking of trying to do some heavy modding to it. I'm talking performnace headers, Magn-Flow exhaust system, supercharger, Cold Air Intake, Trans Shift Kits, light weight flywheel, other odds and ends. If there is a place I can be directed to, please let me know. Thanks.

David
Inxlinx
If your looking to do all this to it, I would just opt for this option.....grab a 99-04 SS Impala or Monte, and swap engines, they come SC, and 240 HP stock.....and prolly almost a bolt in, since the engine is out of the car in the first place....

Time you buy the SC, and all the stuff you looking for prooly be cheaper to swap engines.