Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

99 LUMINA Hiccups, volt light flashes I'm stumped

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2018, 10:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GM mode 6 reference chart pdf
This will explain the code info you got from it.
but your info is in hexidecimal form, try googling your output one code at a time.
heres another

Last edited by Slim Jim; March 21st, 2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old March 24th, 2018, 8:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 LUMINA Hiccups, volt light flashes I'm stumped

Well the stumping is over. I had low fuel pressure so I dropped the tank & replaced the fuel pump. That did not fix the problem. I was looking at the car today and trying to figure what would make this thing stutter & stumble etc... after it was warmed up, but not trip the check engine light or throw a code for the scanner. The book had all kinds of suggestions, but they should have all thrown codes. Just out of curiousity, I took the PCV valve out and shook it. It did not rattle. I cleaned it with carb cleaner until rattled. I put it back in and took the car far a drive. I didn't think it was going to work, But guess what, it did. She runs fine now. Had her up to 80mph & no stumble or chugging etc... Who would have thought it, but that was the problem. Thanks to everyone who responded.