Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

Mechanic Question on 2004 Monte Carlo SS

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2010, 5:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Mechanic Question on 2004 Monte Carlo SS

The traction active, ABS and "Service Traction System" lights are all coming on. At some point the "service" light goes off but ABS and "trac off" stay on. My mechanic has replaced the wheel bearing on rt front hub about 2 months ago. Lights stayed off... until about 3 weeks ago. Found that the CV boot in front axle broke, spraying grease on rt hub. Replaced CV boot/axle and cleaned sensor in wheel bearing. Lights still coming on. Put in new ABS sensor in rt hub.. light still coming on. I notice this when I turn the wheel and barely hit the gas pedal. I have somewhat new brakes and new tires. My mechanic is scratching his head... any suggestions???
Old August 17th, 2010, 8:14 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My suggestion would be find a better mechanic. Every code # has a designated trouble tree to follow in order to find the problem. It is pretty straight forward. Not every mechanic is good (truly good and understand it) with electrical/computer problems. In fact less than half are.