Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

New owner of used SS!

Search this Thread

Old November 22nd, 2007, 11:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner of used SS!

Hey, just bought me a 2001 Monte SS!

Was really cool, I wasnt even looking at cars(looking to get a truck) but drove it and loved it!

Browsing through the forums, I have come to find out there is a Supercharged SS too. Is there a way to supercharge my 2001? From what I have gathered the supercharged ones use the same 6 cyl as is in my non supercharged one(3.8l), but i cant find any supercharger kits for my car.

It's great as it is but I have a friend with a new stock 6 cyl mustang and hes planning on upping the power, I just want to keep up
I have seen turbo kits online, but I like superchargers better in general(having the power curve constant, instead of lagging).

Thanks ahead of time for any info.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 11:55 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: New owner of used SS!

the intake is different on the SC one as well, if you could find a wrecked SS monte with a SC, then you would be good to go, take the intake and SC, it should not be hard to find a SC kit for these there are lots around....
Old November 23rd, 2007, 6:18 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks, after looking more through the site I found a company that does top swaps and whole engine swaps. Although I was not able to find stand alone superchargers for the engine(specifically for it) www.milzymotorsports.com is close to my home and it seems like a good company.
Old February 14th, 2008, 10:54 PM
CF Beginner

Check with ZZperformance. You could easily add 25 HP with a new front exhaust manifold (Power log), a 2.5" mandrel bent down pipe which replaces the factory u-bend and has a high flow cat, remove the stock resonator, get a stage 1.0 PCM (this requires premium fuel for most gains). A K&N, thrasher or SLP intake are a good idea too. Although these parts are listed for a 97-03 grand prix, they are both W-body cars. It would be a good idea to read all the tech articles on ZZp's site

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...cts.php?id=110

http://www.slponline.com/car.asp?C=1997-2006%20W-Body