Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

No Electrical Power To A/C

Search this Thread

Old June 28th, 2009, 8:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Electrical Power To A/C

Hi I am new to forum
I bought a 94 Lumina apv 3.8 at the auction for my grandson.
The a/c clutch was broken and no belt, I had to replace the compressor,acculumator.and expanson tube. I flushed the system added 4 oz oil to system, and 2 oz to compressor. Everything was fine as I added 134a from a 35# canister the compressor was cycling and the fan was on. I ran out of 134.When I returned with some more the compressor nor the cooling/radiator fan wouldn't engague.there is power to the cycling switch but nothing works when I jump the connection. I checked the fuses in the fuse panel and the one in relay panel below the fuse panel they are all good.anyone have any ideas??
Update
I jumped the clutch with batt voltage, every thing works ,finished charging system.The numbers are within specs 58 degrees is not bad with 105 degrees outside. The only problem is ith darn thing wont go on without the jumper wire. Maybe a relay?

Last edited by tenwheeljoe; June 28th, 2009 at 6:13 PM. Reason: spelling / Update