Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

No Power-Changed ignition switch - Still Dead

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2022, 12:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Power-Changed ignition switch - Still Dead

Im at my wits end trying to get this figured out. I could use a word of advice please.
All was well, got up for work no start, no power no interior or dash light Zero. Key would not come out either. Battery is fully charged, starter has given no signs of faultiness.
I stuck a screw driver in there got the keys out. Was told it is an ignition switch, tore column apart installed new one still nothing.
Do i need a new ignition control module?
i appreciate any help thank you.
EDIT: Just went out ripped the middle console out checking for broken wires and everything looked fine. i had done that ****er wire about 8 years ago i remember now and the wires look like they holding up fine. even tried wiggling them as i started it still dead a s doornail.
Update: Does anyone have any advice for me? I came here because i thought you all were the pros.
i have some new info, i got tired of my friends telling me to charge the battery, i put the battery charger on and literally nothing happens. My charger wont do anything till a connection is made. I grabbed an old mower battery and they charger came to life.So that is interesting ayy? I mean the circuit isnt complete that has to be why it is completely dead. Does anyone have any idea where i can look for a ground wire or any specific wire? I would greatly appreciate some help.

Last edited by Bluntz; May 19th, 2022 at 1:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bigjackson (November 8th, 2022)