Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

1995 Lumina turn signal/hazard issue

Search this Thread

Old November 25th, 2018, 4:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Lumina turn signal/hazard issue

Hello, new guy on the block.
I am working on my daughter's 1995 Lumina 4 door sedan 3.1L. She was driving and the alternator died so she stalled out and lost everything. I replaced the alternator and all seemed well except she now doesn't have turn signals or hazards. They don't light up or anything. I checked the fuses and they are good. I changed the flasher and nothing. I tried to check the power at the flasher plug and couldn't get anything there. The only thing else I see now is the turn signal switch?

Does that cover the turn signals and flashers? Also, am I missing anything else worth checking into?

I appreciate any advice or help. Thank you!
Old November 25th, 2018, 6:09 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Do you have brake lights?
Old November 25th, 2018, 9:45 PM
CF Beginner

Yes, all other lights are working. Just nothing inside or out with the turn signals and hazards.
Old December 14th, 2018, 3:08 AM
CF Beginner

I ordered a switch to try that since I can't find anything else. Going to install this weekend. Odd thing...I was following the car last night and out of habit she flips on her turn signal. When she turned on the left turn signal, the left brake light dimmed like it would when it flashed. It just stayed dim. I had her try the right, same thing. If she hits the hazards both dim. I replaced the flasher and no help.

Does that lead to any thoughts?
Old December 19th, 2018, 1:35 AM
CF Beginner

Just to follow up...

Changed out the switch (damn, that was a bitch) and voila!!, turn signals and hazards.