New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

1998 suburban k1500

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2016, 8:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 suburban k1500

My truck runs fine until about 60mph. At that point the speedometer won't go over 55mph, the trans won't shifts in-between 3 and 4 and the volt meter drops in and out (just flickers). Any ideas.
Old July 9th, 2016, 12:28 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Steven79
My truck runs fine until about 60mph. At that point the speedometer won't go over 55mph, the trans won't shifts in-between 3 and 4 and the volt meter drops in and out (just flickers). Any ideas.
Well this forum most be dead.
Well the repair was the t-case rear speed sensor.
Old July 11th, 2016, 8:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Steven79
Tanin Auto Electronix here! We are vendors on the site. Glad you got the issues figured out on the vehicle! If you ever need work on the cluster, however, here is a link to our diagnostics page:

Gauge Cluster, Speedometer, Lexus SC300 SC400 ECU Diagnosis Repair Service

We also do lighting upgrades as well and sell replacement parts for DIY repairs. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,