New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

2007 Avalanche

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2006, 11:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Avalanche

Just took delivery of a new 07 Avalanche. I couldn't be happier with the vehicle.

For starters had a couple questions about the OnStar antenna. Does that double as a XM antenna too? Just curious. I have a portable Sirius radio and know the antenna's are interchangeable between XM and Sirius. Really looking for an existing pigtail that the factory radio might utilize. I don't have the factory XM module but didn't see an extra antenna on any of the other Avalanche's with the XM option.

Second question. What does the 'NEW Remote vehicle starter prep package' consist of? Does this mean that I can just purchase some kind of module from the factory for the auto start?

Thanks Everyone!!
Old October 25th, 2006, 12:20 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 2007 Avalanche

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Avalanche, I love those trucks! I have it's cousin the 07 Tahoe, and yes the antennae doubles as an XM and On star antennae.
Old October 26th, 2006, 9:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2007 Avalanche

So is there a standard min-coax pigtail hanging out near the factory radio then that I could tap into? I have the standard 6-disc radio.