New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

2012 Cruze: Replacing faulty Integrated Cooling Sensor every year

Search this Thread

Old July 14th, 2018, 1:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Cruze: Replacing faulty Integrated Cooling Sensor every year

In April of 2017, my Check Engine light came on in my 2012 Cruze. Several days later, the fan started running non-stop and then the car wouldn't accelerate well. I took it to my mechanic who diagnosed it as faulty thermostat sensor, but said it was integrated with the thermostat, so on May, 19, 2017, I had to replace the thermostat and thermostat housing (and replace antifreeze). The problem seemed solved, But the same thing happened all over again less than a year later and I had to replace the integrated thermostat and housing again on April 13 of this year (2018). Now its July and the engine is again not very responsive when I try to accelerate (although the check engine light has not yet come back on and the fan seems to working OK for now. I am afraid I will have to keep replacing the thermostat every year! It seems like a problem that should have a recall associated with it. At any rate, should I wait to go to the dealer until the check engine light comes back on and fan starts running uncontrolled again, or do I go now even thought no code may yet be showing up on the computer? Is there any hope of fixing this problem so it does not keep recurring? The car was purchased in August 2012 and has 75,200 miles on it.