New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

2014 Malibu Service Engine Soon

Search this Thread

Old November 18th, 2020, 8:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 Malibu Service Engine Soon

March of 2020 my service engine soon light came on. Car running great. Was on a few weeks, then off for 2 months. Has come back on and off multiple times. Codes are P1DO which should be an easy fix of replacing the Intake Rocker Arm Solenoid. Then i have the infamous evap code of P0455. Looks like that could be multiple things. Any suggestions on where to start? I have replaced the gas cap. And i am a little puzzled as why it goes off and on. I would think an issue would cause a steady light. So hesitant to start throwing a ton of money at replacing on of six issues it could be and still potentially not have it fixed. Has any one else had similar issues? Like is said, car runs great, biggest down fall right now is I cant use my remote start with this light on and winters in Iowa are cold!
Old November 21st, 2020, 1:26 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

If you haven't already then repost over in the Malibu section of the forum since this is just the welcome new members section.

Like you said, there are several things in the evap emissions system that could cause that code.