New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

2017 Equinox Front Speakers And Bluetooth Issue

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2020, 5:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Equinox Front Speakers And Bluetooth Issue

Just purchased a 2017 Chevy equinox and have been loving it. Yesterday I took it through the car wash and while on way home I noticed like a cracking sound in the front speakers and within a couple minutes only sound out of the rear. I checked the fuses and don’t see anything. The hands free also goes through this same speaker as now I can’t hear it ask me to say a command. There is also no chiming or turn signal sound. Chevy dealer wants 130 just to tell me what’s wrong and I don’t have that kind of dough right now . Can anyone help me out?
Old October 16th, 2020, 6:50 PM
CF Active Member

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome to the forum and one of the known water leak places can be the w/s or the cowling area where the wipers attach just below the w/c. Have to remove the wiper arms and remove cowling and then run water from a hose across there in different places and see what is going on under the dash area. If cannot see you can cram wads of paper towels in areas under there and see which ones get wet. That hopefully finds the leak but will not fix the speakers. Also, if you have a sun roof/moon roof that slides back, there are water drains I think at each side on the front area that get clogged and allow water to run in different directions, including into your overhead. The water may have gotten into the speakers only or maybe into the radio as well.