New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

96 Silverado a/c trouble

Search this Thread

Old October 7th, 2019, 9:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Silverado a/c trouble

Ok guys I have a 96 Silverado 1500 2wheel drive. The problem is when I press and turn on the a/c the recirculation also turn on. The main problem is that when the recirculation is on I hear ticking from the motor blower. So no cold air for me. Another problem is my air blows out all positions when I turn the air to face me. But seem to switch the right way when I put it on the floor or the window.
Old October 8th, 2019, 2:37 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Rptyler94
Ok guys I have a 96 Silverado 1500 2wheel drive. The problem is when I press and turn on the a/c the recirculation also turn on. The main problem is that when the recirculation is on I hear ticking from the motor blower. So no cold air for me. Another problem is my air blows out all positions when I turn the air to face me. But seem to switch the right way when I put it on the floor or the window.
Sounds like your dashboard controls are not operating properly. You have no AC cold air at all, or only when you switch to floor or defrost?
Old October 8th, 2019, 12:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have cold air only when I press the ac button, But when I do the air recirculation turns on at the same time by itself. And when the recirculation setting is on the ticking come from the motor blower.
Old October 8th, 2019, 6:12 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Rptyler94
I have cold air only when I press the ac button, But when I do the air recirculation turns on at the same time by itself. And when the recirculation setting is on the ticking come from the motor blower.
It shouldn't be doing that. Could be an issue with the dash controls. Might want to check the fan out too.