New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Adding wireless carplay to 2017 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old November 24th, 2021, 7:34 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding wireless carplay to 2017 Camaro

Call me a lazy 21st century 1st world citizen, but nowadays with car keys being wireless and houses connected to HomeKit, having to take my phone out of my pocket and plugging it in every time I get in the car, then taking it off and putting it back in my pocket every time I get out, is becoming a bit much…

Now obviously, it’s not a big deal when taking average trips from point A to point B…. However, when your running errands and all of your stops are within a mile or two, it becomes a hassle. I would like to just leave it in my pocket since I’m getting in and out a lot, but if someone calls me I’d like to answer through the car. Not to mention, I’d like to keep my music playlist going, even if for only 5mins between trips…

Actually, I don't mind plugging in each time in my car, till forget to remove the phone last time, we're 200 meters away and found left it in my car.

I got this adapter a few months ago https://carplaysmartbox.com/products/wireless-carplay-adapter-factory-chevrolet-ct4-ct5-xt6-cavalier-volt-impala-equinox

It works well on my 2017 Camaro I am happy with my purchase. This is really convenient, the key is that the adapter can also charge my iPhone, god this really fascinated me, I am very grateful to the designer who designed it!

I would love to share this item. I bought it for $99 a month ago, but now they have a Black Friday discount for only $84.
Old November 25th, 2021, 3:15 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Old March 7th, 2022, 4:53 AM
CF Beginner

I purchased another product from this company from 4 month ago, which is an upgraded version of your one. It not only supports CarPlay and Android Auto, but also can download many applications, such as YouTube, Netflix, etc. Its connection is much more stable than other brands of dongle I have used before. I think it's a technical improvement.
Old March 11th, 2022, 12:31 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum.
Old August 10th, 2022, 4:42 AM
CF Beginner

Default 79$ carplay adapter

I would love to share this item. The unit was sold by Ottocast and shipped by Amazon.
link:
Amazon Amazon
This very small unit EASILY converts it to wireless Carplay so I can use my iphone. I no longer have to have a cord connected from the center console to my phone to enjoy Carpaly. So far I’m very happy with this purchase. I tried an adapter called car2air many months ago and it just didn’t work. This one is very small comes with both types of USB cable and just works out if the box.
For setup, quite easy, as the instruction said, plug it into the car, go to your phone Bluetooth setup and connect to Ottocast unit. Once paired, it will ask on the phone screen if you want to use Carplay (iPhone), select "Yes" and it will disconnected from Bluetooth and use WiFi to connect.
Old August 10th, 2022, 9:50 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum. For more views, you might post the information in the General Tech section of the forum.