New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Another new family member joining

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2021, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another new family member joining

Hello Family,
New to this forum, as I have been "storing" my Dad's 2007 Trailblazer for a couple years, and need help with needed repairs to keep it road ready.
If this site is half what my experience has been with similar sites, with other vehicles I actually own, then I am in the right place.
Looking forward to getting to know some of you through here soon
Old December 27th, 2021, 10:26 AM
CF Monarch

Received 352 Likes on 333 Posts

Welcome from Florida. You are in the right place!
Old December 27th, 2021, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 89 yr now aging Dad limped his 2007 Trailblazer and Scamp into AZ back in December 2019, was here 2 weeks, and found he had to return to ND for some doctor care. Unable to come back since. Hence, I drove them to my house here in AZ, and the Trailblazer has not been able to be driven since. Dad is still in average health, but I am unable to get new tags from him, so the truck can be driven and kept in road ready shape. He refuses to give up his vehicle, so won't send titles so I can register here, as he says he will be back and need it to get around and have someplace to stay (camper). Not a cherry truck, as it is a Ranch/Farm vehicle primarily and has been "rode hard/put up wet" inside and out, but still runs well with 157,000 miles. Body not so good, after front fender accident and bouncing a deer off the sides 3 separate times, but can be repaired!
I went out and started it up to run in the driveway for a few months, but when battery finally failed, kind of took the wind out of my sails with keeping up with a dead truck.
Mind you I live in AZ, far East PHX Metro Valley by the Superstition Mountains, so storing anything mechanical is not always a good thing. Best to be driving at least occasionally, as the summer heat really tears a vehicle down if just sitting.
Anyway.....truck has the V6 engine (will get details later), and found a leaking RMS. I know how to work on most anything mechanical, as growing up on farm/ranch we did most of our own wrenching, but really trying to find the easy button on this repair? I know....made a joke, but asking if this repair is possible in frame, or do I "have to pull it" to get this done? Looking at it, I think the trans can be separated ok, but do not think the engine pan can be removed? Would need to look at it again, but checking here with the experts for input.
Thanks
Old December 29th, 2021, 1:05 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Be sure to visit the TrailBlazer section of the forum.