New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Back to Chevy after a long absence

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2012, 1:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back to Chevy after a long absence

Hello everyone,
My name is Jon, and i am finally back into a Chevy after a 15 year break. My first Chevy (and first car for that matter) was given to me on my birthday... a 1978 Chevy Nova. This pile of junk car didn't even start, I had to have it towed to school where I rebuilt the engine myself.

After turning the 350 into a 383 during the rebuild, I drove that car for almost 2 years until I left for the military. I left it with my dad, who subsequently drove it into the ground (changed the oil ONCE in 3 years, etc). While I was in the military I drove a few different cars/trucks, and then bought a Ford truck when I got out.

The truck was ok, but I just never really felt that 'cobbection' to it that I had with my Nova. Last week, I went out and bought a BEAUTIFUL 1994 Suburban in GREAT condition, and I am loving every minute of it! This is exactly the truck that I used to dream about when I was a freshman/sophomore in high school, and now I have one.

I am excited to be back in a Chevy, and looking forward to becoming a part of this community.
Old January 21st, 2012, 4:09 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome! if your a facebook user,

www.facebook.com/chevroletforum