New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Big Dissapointment from Chevrolet

Search this Thread

Old December 15th, 2011, 6:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Big Dissapointment from Chevrolet

I recently purchased new Beat (1st November, 2011) Diesel Model in India.
On my 1st service, they loosened my car brakes, on my complain, Chevrolet Service center sent a Mechanic. Mechanic guy did a fatal accident, completely damaged car front.
Now I asked them to repair my car, they said owner of car is responsible and I have to pay all the repair cost. On my utmost request they said they will give pity 10% discount on repair cost.
Service station manager said this is under Chevrolet policy and I have to bear all the cost.
It is completely unfair. Car was damaged on 13th December, Tuesday and they will return me after 1 week.
So I suffered a huge financial loss plus 1 week without car.
Most sad part for me is my new car damaged even before completing 50 days
And most regrettable thing is, No one from Chevrolet even apologized in any form.
I will never recommend Chevrolet car to anyone in this world. Due to you greedy company I suffered a lot.
Nor you will able to return me the same damaged free car? nor you can bear cost of damage? nor you can bear 1 week without car. you people do not even care about the new car emotions. it was my first car.

I hate you...........
Old December 15th, 2011, 8:50 AM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm hoping Chevrolet Customer Service chimes in here with at least a phone number of a division over there that will remedy this issue..I hope that it is worked out as soon as possible
Old December 15th, 2011, 1:03 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Lets see!

Here too Chevrolet on first call said "they will handle everything", later they asked me to repair using my insurance policy, and as insurance policy not cover all money. I will have to pay the remaining amount too (use of insurance will even reduce my car resale value) .

So what Chevrolet has done? in simple words nothing, just harassed me for 2 hours of phone call, damaged my new car, and took my car for a week. And full wastage of my money and time.

If you can surely do anything good, I am surely going to write something better for you, but now I have no reason to do so.

And take action only if you can do 100% in reality.

Jaipur (India) Work Shop Number: (+91)-141-4090-409
My car number - 3483

Chevrolet Head of my city don't even listen to customer issue, he forward to manager before listening the issue. And manager says, company is not responsible after car sale (what a great policy!!!! ). Where will I repair the car, if company mechanic itself damage the car within less than 50 days after purchase.
And if you can't do anything, you keep the car. I will say Big NO to Chevy to all.
You design good car , but always remember customer service quality is also important.
I did not asked for any compensation, but atleast give my thing perfect, the way it was before damage. Am I asking anything extra from Chevy?
Old December 16th, 2011, 12:48 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess I'm not sure how it is over there but I think there's more to it than that. Is the service department in question actually owned by General Motors India or its subsidiaries? Was the mechanic in question officially sent by the aforementioned entities?
Old December 17th, 2011, 2:05 AM
CF Beginner

Angry Don't give false excuses.

Yes, service center was owned by General Motors, After my first service of my new car, I complained them that brakes are loose than before.
And it was a sole mistake of mechanic from Chevrolet, he himself will accept this.

General Motors also accept that it was fault from their side, they just saying me policy that "Company is not responsible for car damage expenses, since I am the owner of this car."

They also said me to take expenses from poor mechanic guy who did the accident.

Are you not united General Motors, you damage car , and you cannot control your own franchise.

Why giving excuses? I gave you all details to contact your franchise, you don't even concern related to this.

What matters to you, after all I suffered the loss...

My Boss was about to buy Cruze in new year, now he is against buying any Chevrolet car. see how your response effects customer.

And if you cannot control your franchise, why you opened your center here?

I am employed as SEO Executive in my company. I will surely take action throughout internet. It will just take my 2-3 days.

You will never understand the important of car purchase, it is very tough to buy car in such low economy like India.

It is like a dream, and you playing with dreams.

If you want you can take so many actions, company has budget for such loses, do Franchise of here eat all money?

You can cancel Franchise license, you can suspend Franchise Manager.

I can give you more numbers and information if you need any.
What is the purpose of forum, if you administrator cannot listen to customer?

You just answer my simple question, am I asking anything more from General Motors?

Let me tell you, the expense related to repair is equal to my 1 month salary, why I bear this after already paying all my savings in buying your car just before a month.
Old December 17th, 2011, 2:31 AM
CF Active Member

You have to realize this forum if not owned by Chevrolet or GM but consumers and fans of Chevrolet we are in no way affiliated with Chevrolet our GM.
Old December 17th, 2011, 9:19 AM
CF Veteran

I'm not being an apologist for GM but I get so tired of gray areas and one-sided stories. I checked with an Indian colleague (born and raised in India) and it sounded like the GMI dealer and service network isn't that much different from here. Just because a dealership or "authorized" service center displays the GM or Chevrolet logo, it doesn't mean it's owned by GMI. It sounds like the service department in question has some weird policy (compared to our standards) that absolves itself of accident claims. The issue should be worked out with the owner of the service department. It doesn't sound like GMI is responsible or even in a position to get involved.
Old December 17th, 2011, 11:18 PM
CF Beginner

@EinST : Service center is itself of GM, it is not like any other authorized center, I do not believe in authorized dealership, similarly I do not believe in GM now. Service center do not want to cover this loss under their own expense, and I thought if GM will ask them, they will surely solve this according to GM Policy.
And if GM cannot provide equal services why they count their car sales and number of store and number of service center in their data to claim top 5th position world in car sales.
Thanks for your response.

@adam86107: Thanks to all you dedicated fans (I just came to know that this is fans site), and if you fans are doing so great work for Chevrolet, you must have some good contacts with Chevy. You cannot do anything, I accept. but can you provide me some important numbers whom I can contact regarding this issue.
Old December 18th, 2011, 3:51 PM
CF Active Member

There's a phone number on this page:

Chevrolet Customer Care India | Chevrolet Sales Marketing Office | Chevrolet Customer Service - Chevrolet India

I would try that and see what they say.
Old December 18th, 2011, 7:49 PM
CF Veteran

I think what he's looking for is access to some GM higher-up here. It's just that foreigners don't fully appreciate the concept of corporate governance and transparency here. He keeps confusing GM and GMI (i.e., GM India, a wholly owned subsidiary of GM) that builds and sells cars in its own market. I can't imagine a GM executive picking up a phone and calling a counterpart in GMI, to give this unfortunate guy a new car, compensation, or what?

Quick Reply: Big Dissapointment from Chevrolet