New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Can you suggest in my Car Brake Problem?

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2006, 8:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you suggest in my Car Brake Problem?

Dear Friend

I have encountered problem in brake in my Toyota Corolla 1971.

Brake Master Cylider have single line connected to all 4 wheels via a Tee. It is in geniune state.

Story: I found car brakes are not functioning in full capacity and when i press the brake padle, it occasionaly touch to the body.
I thought this need servicing.

Then I opened all relevant parts and serviced each wheel cylinder and removed rust and and then fit all. then i opened Master Cylinder and replced
its all rubber washers with new one. also cleaned all rust particles on its piston and everywhere.
Reinstall all, flushed and bleeded brake oil with Sieken DOT 3.
I enjoyed car brake working perfect for 4 days. After 4 days, when i started my car, and pressed brake pedal, it simply touched to the floor. but when i pump it again it showed some normal brake.
So i drove with this kind of problem. After some days, I observed I lost brake response at all and finally, i was unable to brake the car, because brake pedal was touching the floor even after many pumps.

I again bleeded but found no good response.

Then i opened master Cylinder and replaced it half cut with new one(half kit found inside master Cylinder sleeves that consist of
piston all rubber washers and complete assembly that resides inside master cylinder sleeves)

anyway i did this and bleeded again. Oh great i enjoyed 3 to 4 days again with excellent brakes.
Unfortunately after 3 to 4 days, got relatively different type of problem. Now when i push brake pedal gradually,
it simply touches to the floor. But when i presses brake pedal very fast it works normal.
Again pressing gradually leads to same result. again pressing very fast behaves normal.

That is : Sudden depressing brake pedal results normal braking but graduall depressing the pedal simply toches floor with no brake at all.

This type of problem i found very first time and unable to diagnose where the problem is? and how to rectify it?

Can anyone suggest me what to do so that it remove the trouble?

Thanks
Babar
Old October 28th, 2006, 6:42 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Can you suggest in my Car Brake Problem?

check the vacuum booster maybe
Old November 1st, 2006, 1:39 AM
CF Active Member

i don't think the booster is the problem. usually when a booster fails, the pedal goes rock hard, with virtually no travel of the pedal. still sounds like there is air getting in the system, or air is still trapped in it somewhere.
Old November 6th, 2006, 10:32 PM
CF Beginner

If the Booster was bad the brakes would have little movement and be rock hard. (I agree)

If you had a presure leak or air in the system then you would have no or little presure when depressing the petal. If you ahe a little presure then I would say you have air in the system. If you have zero presure when depressing the petal then you have a leak in a seal somewhere.

Have Fun!
Old November 7th, 2006, 2:56 AM
CF Active Member

air in the system is the most likly problem. had a cavalier that took over 3 liters to flush the air out of the system. same problems, pump the brakes 2 get pressure, but one push went 2 the floor.