New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Chevy Silverado to package

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2014, 8:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Silverado to package

Hi. I bought a 2012 Chevy Silverado about 1.5 years ago. When I bought the truck I did not pay attention to the tow package or if it even had one. Up until recently I had no intentions of towing anything. When I went to investigate what I needed to tow a light trailer with some landscape equipment I noticed I was not even equipped with the tow harness/frame to receive the hitch and ball. In other words there is nothing there but bumper. I have been to 3 chevy dealerships and could not find one Silverado without the tow package in place ready for the hitch and ball on any model. I have an extended cab work truck. My question is.. Do or did some models actually come equipped without the tow frame and socket in place. My research indicates that this should be standard on all models (especially a 4x4 work truck). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I want to be well informed before I question the dealer about this. Thanks.
Old March 25th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pleasure hearing from you tomtootoo1. Make sure to add some pictures of your car to the Gallery and checkout our current photos while you're at it