New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Chevy suburban locked itself with key fob inside in cupholder

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2024, 5:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy suburban locked itself with key fob inside in cupholder

Arrived at work yesterday together with my husband as normal in our Chevy suburban. I think it’s a 2017 or 2018.

He got out of the car second before I did. I got out of the car and as I was shutting the door, I heard the locks click. Now the car was locked and the keys were in the cupholder. It was impossible to convince my husband that I had not locked the door. I never lock the door as a passenger. Ever! It’s the driver’s decision.

After an hour waiting for AAA we finally got in the car but I don’t think my relationship will ever be the same. I am looking for some sort of validation or explanation for why this happened. He’s in the doghouse and he knows it but I would feel much better about being able to give him, some information about it being possible that the car locked itself for some odd reason

Last edited by BridgettesChevyForum; March 3rd, 2024 at 5:35 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2024, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 659 Likes on 598 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Please read the instructions in the bright red title at the top. Thanks.
Old March 4th, 2024, 9:49 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum. With today's highly computerized vehicles, it's never a good idea to leave the key fob in the vehicle.
Old March 4th, 2024, 10:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe GM's have a passive auto locking feature but it would only trigger if at least one key fob was removed from the vehicle. Did you guys have 2 on you at the time but didn't realize it? Boy would that be embarrassing