New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Colorado Chevrolet Truck Enthusiast

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2018, 10:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colorado Chevrolet Truck Enthusiast

Hello everyone, I figured I would finally join a GM forum.

I am in my mid-late 20s, I live in Colorado, and I am a fan of GM (particularly Chevrolet) full size vehicles, particularly the Suburbans. I love how they can do just about everything from passenger hauling to equipment hauling in an enclosed 8ft bed single cab.

I do some of my own work and maintenance on my vehicles, but normally just the simple stuff. I have a great mechanic at Firestone Complete Auto Care who is a big fan and owner of GM vehicles and does most of my maintenance. I am incredibly meticulous with vehicle maintenance and I rotate my vehicles through Firestone very often so that nothing falls behind.

My long time girlfriend has had a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix for the last 6 years or so and it just got into an accident and is done for. I will be getting her a mid 2000s Chevrolet Impala to replace it soon.

I grew up mostly around Fords and started out driving them, but my grandfather always had a large collection of mostly GM vehicles as I grew up, including my 1996 2500 Suburban which he sold to me for a good price. I then proceeded to put way more into mechanically restoring it than I probably should have, but it serves it's purpose and is a great truck. He is also how I acquired both Toronados. One is in great condition and just needs the engine, the other one will likely be parted out and then scrapped when I am finished with it since it is in rough shape. I took out the 455 motor and have had it mostly rebuilt and it will soon be in the 1978. The project has cost me alot more than I intended, but I look forward to the finished project.

My first GM purchase was my 2012 Malibu when it was a year old with 18k miles. I drove it heavily for work and recreation, and then started obtaining the other vehicles along the way.

Current Vehicle Collection:

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS (Day off/adventure vehicle) 171k miles
1996 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 (Utility Truck for rugged applications) 247k miles
2012 Chevrolet Malibu (Work vehicle 5 days a week. I drive all day within a specific territory.) 180k miles
1978 Oldsmobile Toronado (Classic Car) Recent near total engine rebuild. It will soon be installed.
1976 Oldsmobile Toronado (455 motor is going into the 1978)

Old September 5th, 2018, 2:45 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorado Chevrolet
Hello everyone, I figured I would finally join a GM forum.

I am in my mid-late 20s, I live in Colorado, and I am a fan of GM (particularly Chevrolet) full size vehicles, particularly the Suburbans. I love how they can do just about everything from passenger hauling to equipment hauling in an enclosed 8ft bed single cab.

I do some of my own work and maintenance on my vehicles, but normally just the simple stuff. I have a great mechanic at Firestone Complete Auto Care who is a big fan and owner of GM vehicles and does most of my maintenance. I am incredibly meticulous with vehicle maintenance and I rotate my vehicles through Firestone very often so that nothing falls behind.

My long time girlfriend has had a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix for the last 6 years or so and it just got into an accident and is done for. I will be getting her a mid 2000s Chevrolet Impala to replace it soon.

I grew up mostly around Fords and started out driving them, but my grandfather always had a large collection of mostly GM vehicles as I grew up, including my 1996 2500 Suburban which he sold to me for a good price. I then proceeded to put way more into mechanically restoring it than I probably should have, but it serves it's purpose and is a great truck. He is also how I acquired both Toronados. One is in great condition and just needs the engine, the other one will likely be parted out and then scrapped when I am finished with it since it is in rough shape. I took out the 455 motor and have had it mostly rebuilt and it will soon be in the 1978. The project has cost me alot more than I intended, but I look forward to the finished project.

My first GM purchase was my 2012 Malibu when it was a year old with 18k miles. I drove it heavily for work and recreation, and then started obtaining the other vehicles along the way.

Current Vehicle Collection:

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS (Day off/adventure vehicle) 171k miles
1996 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 (Utility Truck for rugged applications) 247k miles
2012 Chevrolet Malibu (Work vehicle 5 days a week. I drive all day within a specific territory.) 180k miles
1978 Oldsmobile Toronado (Classic Car) Recent near total engine rebuild. It will soon be installed.
1976 Oldsmobile Toronado (455 motor is going into the 1978)

Welcome to the Chevrolet Forum, Colorado! Been a long time since I was up that way. Glad I had my old Jeep CJ-5. WE had lots of fun on the trails up there,