New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Crank,no start situation.

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2022, 8:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank,no start situation.

Thanks for you guys allowing me to come into your forum I'll try to be straight straight to the point bear with me I kind of get off on left feel a little bit once in awhile but here's my ordeal I was hooking up and amp in my truck for my radio and I had to make a fuse block coming off the battery make a long story short when I was screwing it off to the inner side fender well I didn't notice that the screw that I mounted the block against the inner firewall touched the actual hot lead well it wasn't plugged in at point in time but when I went to go finish everything else off and start to put the hot lead to power the 2000 watt amp it sparked real big now buddy of mine he's got a much higher power system which you told me it would spark but being a welder it wasn't that big of a you know a spark to me make a long story short I went ahead and put the hot lead to the battery and tightened it up not knowing that I was actually charging my ground chassis or my chassis ground and it stayed on there for about a good 10 minutes maybe 15 minutes I'd say 10 minutes and now I have the problem of it cranks but I'm not getting no start I'm not getting no power I think from the coil to the plug wires and I'm a little not sure if I can do the control modular spark modular and then if that don't work get the coil you know piece it together that way or will I do more harm than good and I've been told that the ECM which I think is the brain is probably no good as well is there any way I can check any of this stuff or do I got to take it into a parts house and have them check it or are they able to check it or should I just break out another thousand and put into the truck if anybody can help me give me some type of guidance I would surely appreciate it I said I'm new to all this I took a chance and thought I was buying a decent truck an older model truck didn't look like it was in a bad shape but $7,000 later this stupid is hooking a hot lead up I think I've just cost myself a big headache any advice would be appreciative and thanks for hearing me out have a great day I love to hear from someone that knows what I've burned up ,
Old February 4th, 2022, 1:54 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Post the make/model.
Old February 5th, 2022, 4:23 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

Welcome to the forum. After you post your make and model, I will move it to that section of the Forum as this is just the welcome new members section. You'll get a lot more views over there. 😊
Old February 6th, 2022, 2:02 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

Also using punctuation and capital letters would make your post a lot easier to read. 😊