New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

From the Dark Side - Ford to Chevy

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2009, 9:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation From the Dark Side - Ford to Chevy

Lets see here, i guess i will start with what i have driven and then a little about me. I hand built a 1983 Ford F350 Dually, 460 Big Block about a year ago, bored, stroked, full heads, put about 800Hp and 1000Ft.lbs to the floor (pics on myspace if you want them) We had dynoed it at school because the instructor didnt believe i had internals done, little did he know, i would break the inclass dyno. Was a beast. Could light all 4 rears up from a 40MPH roll. Had a shift kit on a C6 transmission and a locking posi. I then sold it to a buddy and bought a 1987 S10, with a Iron pony motor 2.3l i4. That thing was so torky but handled like **** and then burnt to the ground from an electrical fire, due to a bad fuse from Wal-Mart.

The current Vehicle. I sold a 1996 Saturn that was a god among gas and bought a 1991 Cheve C1500 with a 4.3L TBI motor and a tru 350 Turbo Tranny with a shift kit, gets about 18mpg on highway and intown. Drove it home in a down pour with zero visability, hit a puddle and ripped the exuast off of it at 60MPH (from headers back). WAS INTERESTING. Have been hauling boats and cars with it for 2months and no issue.

ME. I am 25, live in Florida, east coast, i am a mechanic, ASE Certified in Engine Perfomance, suspension and brakes. I have always had oil in my blood and fuel in my brain. I have been building cars since i was 15, first one was a 11sec 1989 Honda Prelude Si, sent two rods at the track... I am now growing out of it and getting into the good ol american muscle (ford was first and i did that one right, or so i think). But, i have become a Cheve-guy and been working on cheves down here in FL since the begining of last December, and im hooked.

LocalEnough -aka- Matt
Old September 21st, 2009, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LocalEnough
then burnt to the ground from an electrical fire, due to a bad fuse from Wal-Mart.
That sucks.

Welcome to the forum Matt.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:13 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome Matt. Most of the knuckle busters I know either breathed or drank the fuel...so you got yours the usual way. Look forward to your knowledge coming out in the tech section and thanks for joining us.