New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Finally! Another C/K...

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2016, 8:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally! Another C/K...

Just picked up a 99 3/4 with just over 195k on the clock. Plan on converting it to an all purpose mule. Last Chevy was a 94 C1500 Silverado with over 225k when I traded it off about 6 years ago.
Old February 10th, 2016, 8:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Hi there and welcome to the community! Nice to have you here. Show us your ride when you can. This forum really is a ton of help. With a little bit of research you can find an answer to all your questions. Enjoy your time here!
Old February 10th, 2016, 5:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you.

Started digging today. First thing I did was remove the nasty front window tint that was probably put on sometime after the thing was first bought. Much improved.

Lubricated every hinge point. During this I found previous owner had cut the middle row outer seatbelt, then discovered the other side was jammed, so middle row is unsafe until I can replace them. While pulling apart the outer panels also found out how bad the previous owners kids treated this this beast; candy, wrappers, juice boxes and general trash stuffed everywhere. Several broken screw mounts on the condenser side, along with some foil tape holding the access port for the refrigerant piping, indicates they didn't know what they were doing and tore some stuff up bad.

Broken rear door check; last owner actually tried to super glue it back together.

List is growing. Pitman arm, idler arm and mount, brakes, transmission, at least 2 lock actuators, lots of broken trim pieces, possibly ujoints, paint, headlights are filled with condensation, broken outside mirror covers, front hinges, battery and so on. Completing as cash allows.