New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

First chevy! Mods?

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2014, 10:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking First chevy! Mods?

Hi guys! I recently bought a 99 two door tahoe 2wd, with the vortec 350 & 4L60E, stock besides the mpfi conversion, flow master 40s and kooks long tube headers. I was hoping to make a nice powerful street truck out of it. I have a daily driver so gas mileage is not a major issue, but I would like to retain good driveability. I have had a few 5.0 mustangs but this is my first sbc. Typically the upgrade path for 5.0s is heads/cam/intake and my go-to combo has always been Holley Systemax 2, TFS 170 heads, a small custom grind cam, and 3.73s. Being unfamiliar with these Chevys I thought I'd come to you guys for some advice. What would you suggest as far as a cam & intake manifold? Is there a good set of aluminum heads that will flow much better than the factory vortecs, or should I just look at getting those ported instead? Any other mods you guys would suggest? Gears? Stall converter? Budget is not a major concern, but if it helps to know, I have about $3500 to spend on mods for now, and forced induction is not really on the menu, maybe later on.
Thanks guys!

Last edited by Lampdog; July 28th, 2014 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old July 29th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Welcome to the Forum.

You will get more views of your question if you post over in the section of the forum for your vehicle.
Old July 29th, 2014, 11:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it. Thanks Shark. Mods can delete this